How to expand Windows SBS 2003 boot partition
Windows Small Business Server 2003 hard drive space problem is always bothering the administrators since the server boot drive is with low disk space. Today I see a question on the website and it seems is also the hard disk partition space problem. Here are the details of his exact problem. Let’s help him out.
Question: HP Server Windows 2003 system drive low space
I have a HP server with Windows SBS 2003 installed as the original operating system.
My boot partition which was set 10GB is rapidly running out of space, but there is plenty of free space left on other drives. Is there software which can safely expand the boot partition on these boxes.
Partition Wizard Server ranks Top1 in our review test among all partition server software. It works with all raid partitions, all server systems. Here are the steps to resize partition with it.
- Download a free trial and run it.
- Right click the partition which you want to change size, and go to "Resize/Move" on the show-up menu.
- Drag the partition rightwards to shrink partition and make some space available for redistribution
- Right click the system partition and choose Resize/Move. In the pop up window, drag the right borderline of the system partition to extend.
Then to apply the changes, then you can make your partition larger without reloading os nor moving files.
It is great tech improvement that servers are confronted low disk space shows how rapidly the tech improved. Disk Management on Windows Server 2003 is far from what administrators need. As the importance of server running for a workstation, we know we really cannot afford to let the servers down for a long time. If you do not mind having the server down for a while, then you can use some free Windows desktop software and resize the partition from DOS. Or you need to choose a server partition software.
For Windows sbs 2003 boot drive low disk space, our solution is to resize the partitions on the server. Shrink other partitions which are with plenty of free space to make unallocated space, and then expand the server system partition with a server partition software to claim the unallocated space.
This user simply wished to expand c drive. Currently the c drive needs more space and d drive is left with many free space. He wanted to redistribute the free space on d drive to c drive without data loss. How to expand c drive without data loss? Before we go, there are still some other ways to expand the c drive.
- Empty recycler files, temp files, etc. to gain some space to work.
- If you don't mind spending your time managing drive space. Uninstall any programs installed on C: and reinstall them on D:, move any log files you can to D:.
Be aware that, unfortunately preconfigured systems usually don't come with everthing so nicely arranged and log files can sometimes cause out of space issues.
If the former 2 solutions do not work on the server, then I am afraid you need some server partition software like partition wizard server to resize boot partition.
Acronis Partition Expert included in partition wizard server which allows you to automatically or manually merge, split, resize, copy, and move partitions without losing data. It also lets you reorganize the hard disk drive structure, optimize disk space usage and much more.
- Partition Wizard Home Edition
- Acronis Disk Director Server
- Resize partition with partition magic
- Partition Manager Server
- Resize server Partition Wizard Server
- Server 2003 out of space
- windows 2003 low disk space
- server c drive out of space
- low disk space sbs 2003
- make a partition from c drive server 2003
- Partition Magic Windows Server 2003
- Partition server 2003 64bit
- Repartition server 2003
- Resize c drive raid 5
- Resize c drive windows server 2003
- Resize SBS
- Resize windows 2003 partition
- Resizing 2003 partition
- Resize server 2003 system partition
- sbs server 2003 partition software
- volume manager server 2003
- Capture unallocated space Windows 7
- Extend C drive
- free partition magic
- merge partition extend c drive
- Add space to RAID 5
- extend server raid partition
- Partition Magic RAID 5