How to resize win server 2003 partition without damaging the system?
How to resize server 2003 partition? System set before and partitions like c, d, e, f...drives were set before. With increasing demands for larger space, what can we do to make partitions bigger? Can we try disk management? Can we use some program to to the trick? As we know disk management does not have ability such as resize, extend partition without data loss. Here we will show you how to resize server 2003 system partition without reload OS. System will be remain untouched.
IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server works with all raid partitions, all server systems. Here are the steps to resize partition with it.
- Download free and run it.
- Right click the partition which you want to change size, and go to "Resize/Move" on the show-up menu.
- Drag the partition rightwards to shrink partition and make some space available for redistribution
- Right click the system partition and choose Resize/Move. In the pop up window, drag the right borderline of the system partition to extend.
Then to apply the changes, then you can make your partition larger without reloading os nor moving files.
Here is a server 2003 admin who needs bigger c drive.
Problem report: A Windows Server 2003 Enterprise administrator reported his Hard Drive Setup as following and was seeking help to resize partition without data loss:
74.50 GB (System = 9.93 Domain Controller/Data Drive = 64.54 it has the Windows Directory which contains the SysVol Directory and NTDS)
372.61 GB (Student Data Drive)
The question is will it be possible to use some extra space of the Data Drive and add it to the end of the system partition without damaging the system and data partition?
Resolution:As we know Disk Management does not support to resize partitions without data loss and besides the functions, what shall we do? There is free method to increase the Windows Server 2003 if it is not to increase the system partition via “diskpart”. What we are confronted is the very system partition, then only a third party program can resolve the problem.
Partition Magic? Can we use partition magic to resize server 2003 partition? The answer is negative. Partition Magic only supports Windows Operating Systems for home users like Windows 2000, Windows XP (yes, not for Vista.). So Partition Magic is not a choice.
Volume Manager? It was still produced by Powerquest Group and was designed for Windows Server users. However, the fact is since Powerquest was acquired by Symantec in 2003, Volume Manager has not been upgraded. And you may arrive the point that Powerquest supports Windows NT server, Windows 2000 Server (not for Windows 2003 Server).
How to resize windows Server 2003 system partition? Download Partition Server to fix the problem.
This tutorial that heps
Whenever you run into server partition size limits, you may rely on this tutorial for guiding you out of size problem. Here are some users that this article helps them out of the 2003 partition resizing problem.
- NTFS partition with system, win2k3 server machine, i need to extend the system partition since it is running out of space.
- resize vmware server system partition with 2003 server
- i need to extend my server system partition with raid5 config
- Dell server, 2003 server OS, system partition 1Gig left, how can i redistribute space from other partition to extend the system?
- low disk space sbs 2003
- make a partition from c drive server 2003
- Partition Magic Windows Server 2003
- Partition server 2003 64bit
- Repartition server 2003
- Resize c drive raid 5
- Resize c drive windows server 2003
- Resize SBS
- Resize windows 2003 partition
- Resizing 2003 partition
- Resize server 2003 system partition
- sbs server 2003 partition software
- volume manager server 2003
- Server 2003 out of space
- windows 2003 low disk space
- server c drive out of space
- Diskpart command
- extend partition diskpart
- Server partition software review