Resizing Windows Small Business Server without Data Loss
This is a step by step tutorial that shows you resizing partition in Windows small business server, sometimes called sbs. You can do it under sbs 2003, sbs 2008...
Partition Wizard Server ranks Top1 in our review test among all partition server software. Here are the steps to resize partition with it.
- Download a free trial and run it.
- Right click the partition which you want to change size, and go to "Resize/Move" on the show-up menu. ( launch Partition Wizard Server. Right click the partition which is with a lot of free space and shrink the partition to make unallocated space on the disk. And go to “Resize/Move” to make this big partition smaller. Why? Unallocated space is needed to enlarge partitions. )
- Drag the partition rightwards to shrink partition and make some space available for redistribution (with unallocated space on the disk, you can right click the partition which you want to enlarge such as C drive and also go to “Resize/Move” option. And then claim the unallocated space by enlarging c drive. Position the mouse pointer on the left or right partition handle and drag the handle to enlarge the partition size you want. If the unallocated space is not just next to c drive, you need to move the partition which is in between also by right clicking the partition and go to “Resize/Move”. )
- Right click the system partition and choose Resize/Move. In the pop up window, drag the right borderline of the system partition to extend.
lick “Apply” on the toolbar to have a enlarged c drive. Note: only on full version can “Apply” work. Be free to register Partition Wizard Server to have a larger partition and also keep your system and other data untouched.
This tutorial that helps
“Low disk space” – are you receiving the notification? Is it a sign of virus? Nope, we can tell you that is not virus but disk space problem. SBS Windows Small Business Server administrators and IT professionals often meet the problem that the free space on system partition is not enough to install new software; the system is running slowly because the inefficient free space on the disk and it need more space from other partitions.
Any partition may become insufficient of the disk space since the years of use with large file stored or else. With increasing demand of partition space, many computer users and administrators would really wish the partition can become flexible.
It's unfortunate that many of the systems being purchased today use the single partition approach that consumes the entire hard drive. It would be far more convenient if the system was supplied with a smaller system partition while leaving the rest of the drive space unallocated. Much more efficient use of the hard drive can be made by partitioning the unallocated space for different purposes.
One way to optimize the performance of your Windows Server is by resizing your partition. That is, gather all free space on your hard drive for the existing partition. But for most Windows Server users, resizing partition is not an easy work to do but a hard task, which makes most of the people turn help from the partition resizing software. A server is a very important part for a company system, which contains loads of significant data and files. If you do partition resizing with unsafe software, your precious multi-media files, your important data would be lost without any chance of recovery, leaving you only sorrow and desperation.
To choose reliable partition-resizing software to make resizing partition on Windows Small Business Server a simple task is what Windows Server users most concern.
Partition Wizard Server Edition is a special designed server partition manager. This partition manager server is designed for system administrators and advanced users to manage both server and non-server disk partition. Partition Wizard Server Edition manages Windows server quickly and safely. When you use "Move/Resize Partition" function, the Enhanced Data Protecting technology keeps your data safe even in case of power outages or hardware failure.
- Partition Wizard Home Edition
- Acronis Disk Director Server
- Resize partition with partition magic
- Partition Manager Server
- Resize server Partition Wizard Server
- Change partition size Windows Server 2003
- Disk partitioning server 2003
- Enlarge server partition
- extend server c drive
- extend server raid partition
- free partition software server
- low disk space sbs 2003
- make a partition from c drive server 2003
- Partition Magic Windows Server 2003
- Server 2003 out of space
- windows 2003 low disk space
- extend server raid partition
- Partition Magic RAID 5
- Resize partition RAID 5
- extend partition diskpart
- Diskpart command
- Server partition software review