Resize System Partition Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2008 is an operating system for servers. Microsoft Windows launched it in the start of 2008. When server’s boot partition runs out of space, several problems can arise; like the server might operates slowly, there would be no more space for new software and applications and the most dreadful problem; the server may freeze out in launching some application. These problems could be fatal for the company owing the server and its customers. It can be fixed by some partition software to redistribute partition space from one to another without data loss.
Partition Wizard Server ranks Top1 in our review test among all partition server software. It works with all raid partitions, all server systems. Here are the steps to resize partition with it.
- Download a free trial and run it.
- Right click the partition which you want to change size, and go to "Resize/Move" on the show-up menu.
- Drag the partition rightwards to shrink partition and make some space available for redistribution
- Right click the system partition and choose Resize/Move. In the pop up window, drag the right borderline of the system partition to extend.
Then to apply the changes, then you can make your partition larger without reloading os nor moving files.
To overcome this problem, there are two possibilities, first possibility is to reinstall Windows Server 2008 in your server which might result in loosing of data and also a lot of time, Second possibility is to extend the allocated memory of the boot partition. Surely the later possibility is preferable. There are many ways to do so. Windows Server 2008 has a building feature named as “disk manager” which can be employed to extend the allocated memory. In order to use disk manager for resizing your disk, follow the following instructions;
- Double click “My Computer”
- Go to “Manage”
- Go to “Storage”
- Go to “Disk Management”
- Right click on your boot partition
In the market some software are available. They can help you in extending your boot partition memory professionally. Like Partition Wizard Server.
There you will face two options;
If you want to shrink the boot partition some unallocated space would be added to it. But if you use the feature of Extent, you will have to delete the other partitions, in order to create some memory, which could be later allocated to the boot partition. In this way you can solve the memory related problems in Windows Server 2008.
- Partition Wizard Home Edition
- Acronis Disk Director Server
- Resize partition with partition magic
- Partition Manager Server
- Resize server Partition Wizard Server
- Server 2003 out of space
- windows 2003 low disk space
- server c drive out of space
- Change partition size Windows Server 2003
- Disk partitioning server 2003
- Enlarge server partition
- extend server c drive
- extend server raid partition
- free partition software server
- low disk space sbs 2003
- make a partition from c drive server 2003
- Partition Magic Windows Server 2003
- Partition server 2003 64bit
- Repartition server 2003
- Diskpart command
- extend partition diskpart
- Server partition software review