How to resize system partition on Windows Server 2003
Hi, My Windows 2003 Server is built with RAID 1 and the system partition c drive is running out of space. The system keeps jumping out low disk space warning and asks me to close some applications. My question is "Can I use some tool to expand system partition without reinstalling the OS?" I do not want to reformat my disk for partition space redistribution and my system 2003 with RAID 1 is running fine and I don't want to lose data on my current system. I thought uninstalling some program and moving unnessary files like TEMP files to other partitions would save some space, however the Windows Server 2003 system still has low disk space warning. Then I decided to find some tool I think might fix it ie extending c drive without data loss.
Is there any program that can extend c partition without data loss? Which one shall I use? And any tutorial would be appriciated.
Solution for extending c drive on Windows 2003 RAID 1 partition
With some magic partition software, there is no partition size limitation on Windows Server 2003 system drive. One that we tested on our server machine - Partition Wizard Server, which is the right solution for extending system partition without data loss.
Watch the tutorial: How to extend boot partition with Partition Wizard Server
Windows Server OS - Windows Server machine and its system safety and stablity is vital for one working station. When first partitioned, it is hard to change server size without some tool. However it is the fact that many server users would confronted with such problem - c drive too small. A headache for server admins to change its size whether larger or smaller. It is applicable for all Windows Server OS (server 2000, server 2003, server 2008), including all versions like sbs.
RAID Partition - Changing raid partitions like raid 1 is the same as physical partition. You don't have to worry about the partition processing. It works on RAID.
Do backup important files before using any tool to make changes to your server machine. Even though partition software can do the job without damaging to your files or your system and it also has security enhanced module to changing partition size, however, it is always good to prepare for the worst.
Related problems that can also be fixed
- I have Windows Server 2003 running on my server and the system partition is becoming too small. The c drive keeps having the notice of out of space. I have already tried all the cleaning stuff and transferring some "unimportant softs" on the "Saves" partition but it didn't help much at all. The system is slowing down the machine due to the small size. I was wondering is there a way to repartition my hard drive on 2003 server without turning the machine off. I know I could do this by repartitioning the hard drive, reinstalling the OS, however it is too complicated even though not expensive. Please show me a way just to extend the c partition directly.
- Windows Server 2003 c drive only has 8GB, too small for windows 2003 system partition. Please recommend system partition size and safe method to increase the system partition.
- Is there away to increase the C partition without re-installing the operating system? We have a Win 2003 server whose drive C we now deem too small.
- Server 2003 out of space
- windows 2003 low disk space
- server c drive out of space
- low disk space sbs 2003
- make a partition from c drive server 2003
- Partition Magic Windows Server 2003
- Partition server 2003 64bit
- Repartition server 2003
- Resize c drive raid 5
- Resize c drive windows server 2003
- Resize SBS
- Resize windows 2003 partition
- Resizing 2003 partition
- Resize server 2003 system partition
- sbs server 2003 partition software
- volume manager server 2003
- Capture unallocated space Windows 7
- Extend C drive
- free partition magic
- merge partition extend c drive
- Add space to RAID 5
- extend server raid partition
- Partition Magic RAID 5